Here at Michael Harper Real Estate, we believe real estate is a partnership. It’s more than numbers, pictures, and an email about properties. It’s a relationship, and our job is to build great relationships so you have the best possible experience when buying or selling a home.
- Responsive: We are with you every step of the way. We’re a team, and everyone in our office is ready to answer questions or address concerns when you call – you won’t have to wait for the right person to get back to the office before we take action.
- Local: Teller County is a special place, and it takes someone who lives, works, and plays here to really understand what affects property values here. As locals, we understand our market better than anyone else.
- Experienced: We’ve lived and worked here a combined 50 years. Michael and Tamara have seen it all from blazing hot markets to the recession and back, first time buyers to luxury second-home buyers, cash buyers to 100% financing, short sales to foreclosures to Fannie Mae-owned properties and a time being a custom homebuilder thrown in for fun!
Give us a call and we’ll show you how we can serve you because:
Your Home IS Our Business!
Meet The Team
Michael has been involved in the fabric of Woodland Park and the surrounding communities of Teller County since he and his wife, Paula, moved to the area in 1981.
Michael has been at the core of business ownership, development and day-to-day operations of Woodland Floral Company, Banana Belt Liquor, Eagle Fire Lodge, Building Partnership / Michael Scott Homes over the years, and a Colorado Licensed Real Estate Broker since 2002.
Michael keeps pace with community involvement by being active in Therapy dog volunteer work at local health care facilities, an active member of Impact Christian Church, past Chairman of the Board of Woodland Park Chamber of Commerce, past President of Teller County Home Builders Association, and founding member of the Teller County Economic Development Corporation.
Michael has specialized in residential real estate exclusively until 2013. He has since broadened the scope of his company to include commercial real estate to serve the growing demands of Teller County commercial real estate sellers, developers, and buyers.
Tamara is a broker associate with Michael Harper Real Estate, located and specializing in Teller County real estate. Tamara is a Texas native, went to Texas A&M (whoop!), and has lived, worked, and played in Teller County for 20 years. Her approach to real estate is to serve clients toward the best outcome for them.
Tamara worked briefly in Colorado Springs real estate in the early 1990’s while an Army spouse. After discovering and settling in Woodland Park, Tamara continued to be interested in a career in real estate and formally gained her license in 2012.
Tamara enjoys working with buyers and sellers alike; she is truly passionate about helping her clients realize their dreams. As a 21-year Army spouse, Tamara has unique insights and understanding into the needs of our military families. As a 20-year resident of this mountain paradise, she understands this market and this area to confidently guide you through your real estate situation. Tamara is ready and able to serve you whether you are a first-time homebuyer just entering the market, a luxury homebuyer, or the buyer looking for your dream retirement home.
Self-described real estate nerd, Jennifer loves her job as transaction coordinator for Michael and Tamara. As a real estate investor, landlord, and home flipper, she learned what makes a property a good investment. But owning, improving, and renting were never as interesting as researching, buying, and selling. In 2016, Jennifer decided to start working in real estate so she would stop driving her family crazy with her demands of “Look as this house! Can you believe that price?” She earned her real estate license that summer, and now her inner real estate nerd stays happy while our clients enjoy a smoother transaction.
Buying A Property
Buying Real Estate The Easy Way
“We can help you make your real estate purchase experience easy!”
I know, sounds like a typical “salesperson’s” cliché doesn’t it? I want you to know that I truly can help make your entire real estate purchase experience as easy as possbile. I have proven this many times over the years while working closely with my many clients who are buyers, sellers, and investors alike.
Aren’t all real estate agents & brokers the same, just salespeople?
It is true, all licensed real estate agents and brokers help their clients buy and sell real estate. All medical doctors heal people and all lawyers provide legal services. The best professionals also ALL want and create a unique, personal relationship with their clients. Why? Because it’s the only way to understand your real needs!
I’ve developed many unique strategies to help you by making buying real estate easier. Besides being a licensed Realtor®, I am also an award winning home builder with an extensive background & years of experience in custom home building and design in this area. Unlike many real estate agents, some of which work only part-time, real estate and home construction has been my full time & lifelong career. I have lived right here in the area for over thirty years. I’ve seen the great, the good, the bad, and the ugly regarding area real estate sales & construction from all perspectives!
I want to help you and I want your business!
Living in the beautiful Colorado Rocky Mountains is a dream for many people across America. I have welcomed many of our area’s residents by helping them buy or build their new home. Because we also live right in the same community, many of my client relationships also become future friendships. I will make sure you’re treated politely and professionally.
As your broker, I can provide you with valuable additional insight regarding home construction in the Woodland Park, Divide, and Florissant neighborhoods of Teller County, Colorado. I am very familiar with the quality of materials used by other area builders, city & county code issues, and other ownership costs associated with the homes and properties in this area. As a licensed Realtor®, you can be assured of my mastery of contract negotiations, an unwavering work ethic, personal integrity, and an unsurpassed knowledge of the local real estate market.
Where To Begin
I’ve added a great deal of home buying information to my website based on my experience listening to the questions my clients have asked over time. My goal is to help you quickly find almost any information you may be looking for regarding your real estate purchase. Take a moment now to register for your free copy of my report, “Is It Time To Buy.”
Buying a home or land is an exciting time in your life. Will you need assistance?
Buying your new home can be and should be an exciting time for you.
I often get office phone calls with questions from new and previous clients askng me about market conditions, property for sale, mortgage financing, and other real estate related questions. Buyers just beginning to think about a real estate purchase sometimes worry about calling a broker for answers. Is there some charge or obligation?
Use My FREE No Obligation Real Estate Consultation
Don’t worry. Call me or come see me with all of your real estate questions or concerns. I offer a totally free, no obligation real estate consultation for all new and previous clients.
My professional services range from helping you find the perfect piece of property to fit your specific needs to helping you select the best possible financial package available. My many years of experience and extensive knowledge of Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, Lake George, and the entire greater Pikes Peak Region means I truly can help you find the perfect property that best suits you and your family.
For your convenience, I provide all listing information by email when requested. In “soft” markets, perhaps due to the natural desire for sellers to get their property sold quickly, you’ll find even more competition for the most desirable properties. Many great properties are quickly purchased and I pride myself on making sure my clients get the most current information available. I am proud of the repeat business we’ve earned over the years and continue to earn.
What Can You Expect From Me. I Promise I Will:
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Before You Start Looking For Your New Home You Might:
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before it’s too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Find a loan program that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Determine what Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, or other Pikes Peak Region neighborhood best matches your needs. I can help you with the most current information.
Closing Costs You Should Expect May Include:
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
Use Our Easy Step By Step Buying Process
My clients range from first time home buyers to buyers who own multiple investment properties. I have created a step by step process to help my clients gain a personal knowledge regarding the real estate purchasing transaction. If you are a first time home buyer or simply want to refresh your real estate knowledge, I hope you will take a few minutes to review the information I have gathered on this website for your benefit. If you are a seasoned buyer, please use this information to expand your personal knowledge of specific areas of interest.
Selling A Property
Sell Your Home for Top Dollar
Selling your home can be hard work. But, it can be done quickly and professionally and I would like to show you how this can be done. I am a professional Realtor, as well as, an award-winning home builder. With this background, I bring a unique perspective and expertise to all of your real estate needs.
Which of these situations fit YOU?
- Thinking about selling a home?
- Needing to buy and sell real estate at the same time?
- Selling or buying in order to downsize?
- Selling your home to accept new employment out of the area?
- Selling your home due to difficult financial situations?
Good News! I understand these situations and my many years of experience will reduce the stress levels and enhance the all-around real estate experience.
Selling your home in a “soft market” can be a bit more challenging. However, there are also some very good reasons why you should expect to get top dollar for your home. Selling a home quickly and effectively today requires much more than just listing it and “hoping” someone will be interested. I will show you a proven method for quickly selling your home in today’s market!
Make the right choice and team up with Michael Harper today, because Your Home is my Business!
If you are ready to sell a home and want a private consultation please call me today at 719-963-6971 or email Michael@Michael-Harper.com.